Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

24 hours to go...

In the background I can hear my laundry clanking against the walls of the machine. I’m waiting impatiently for the cycle to finish before I leave to do errands. Exotic Dancers for Cancer is tomorrow and I still have a long list of things to get done before I make my way to the ferry.

I pull my geisha costume out of the closet and quickly count the pieces. It’s all there. I grab metallic paints from the cupboard, and dig my wig out from behind my posters. Due to popular demand I’ll be doing my Geisha show at the event. My show time is tentatively scheduled for 7:30, and all my props are ready to go!

I’m exited. The event this year is going to be our biggest yet. At last count there were 20 girls donating shows. The list of items up for grabs at the silent auction is sweet. The media attention has been overwhelming, and the guest list has become long.

I’ll be at The Drake from noon on tomorrow. Hope to see you there!!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Sassy said…

    Hope you have fun!

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Gadzie said…

    Good Luck girl!

     
  • At 5:49 AM, Blogger Femicas said…

    Dance safely :)

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh I was at the Drake last night! You girls definately made it a good night.

    Congrats on the amount of money you've raised. I was told it was at least $7000 but a few itms were still to be accounted for.

    Now me and my buddy have a new place to visit on Saturdays!

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Ryann said…

    Thanks for supporting us Tyler, I'll post the final numbers later today

    see you around.

    ps: I'll be naked at the drake all week

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I saw your piece on CTV. Personally, Right there with you, and think the stigma against dancers is foolish. It's a great cause, and that's all that matters.

    Good luck, keep dodgin' the drunks.

     
  • At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Judging by the deletion that was you I saw.

    Oh well.

    Fear of opinion.
    Fear of Self.
    Fear of Possible Agreement.

    Regards

    Gölök Zoltán Buday
    "He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes
    a precedent that will reach to himself." -- Thomas Paine http://www.myegotimes.com/archive/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home