Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I'm a busy girl

It’s the end of January and I can hardly believe it. I know they say time goes by quicker as you get older, but aren’t you supposed to be able to get more done? Or is that just wishful thinking?

I’m starting to feel the school crunch. Note to self: I’m in school. Fuck! The past two weeks of chaos and stress have resulted in me being too far behind in my homework. Exotic Dancers for Cancer is quickly approaching too, and I have commitments to that event as well. So here I sit in Yellowknife trying to manage my life, catch up on a month’s worth of reading, write an essay, book my schedule, negotiate with bars, keep up on my own writing, travel, keep up on the Naked Truth events, make the money and put the money where it needs to be… oh and actually work.

I think I’ll be hanging out in Western Canada for a while. I find the lack of private dancing allows for a lot more segmented chunks of time to be productive. The money isn’t as good, but I think I need to look at my education priorities. I’ll get a lot done up here. I always do… but I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed.

On the bright side Roxxanne’s was a great bar. I managed to wiggle off the financial loss and meet my target income for the week. It’s an awesome bar, well designed, well run, good clean bar. The people were lovely and I would love to return to Roxxanne’s. Good people. I’m so glad that after the animosity and bullshit of the previous week I managed to find a cozy week in Kitchener.

I’m happy. It’s great to be back in Yellowknife. It’s such a relaxed gig for me. I know some people hate it, but we all have bars that suit us best, and this is one of mine. I have friends up here, and I know the town. It feels like another home. But right now I need to finish the massive “To Do” list that’s staring at me… growing… bigger… and bigger… and not in a good way.

I hope I find time to write more later.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad that everything turned out so good. Ya deserve it. Have fun in Yellowknife.

    NW

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Gadzie said…

    Look forward to reading more.

    Keep on chuggin!

    G

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Ryann said…

    I heart Yellowknife

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there,

    Just came across your site (another blog i visit linked to you). And read that you were visiting Roxxanne's in Kitchener! Cool.... I live in Kitchener and go to school at Wilfrid Laurier.

    Nice to hear my town mentioned. Random coincidence of all the smallish towns out there....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home