Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas Friends.

I love Christmas Eve. It’s a time of carols and nativity stories. It’s a church full of friends and memories. It’s an opportunity to reconnect and be surrounded by the spirit of the season. I know I might not be the most festive person, and I might not be the most idealistic or optimistic. I know Christmas can be rough. It can be a reminder of losses and disappointments. My thoughts linger on those who are no longer a part of my celebration.

It’s late, and I know I have a family Christmas waiting for me in the morning. The phone call will come early. My siblings will be annoyed at me for not arriving early enough. I wish I could hope for anything else, but maybe I just need to accept it. I’m sure it will be chaos, and stress. There will be bickering, and bitching. Gramma will be upset by the stress, and Mom will blame me for something. I might hear a real “thank you” from someone, but I might not. I do hate Christmas, I always have. I might dread it every year, but I’m thankful that I have a family to bitch about.

I know there is more to Christmas than my nuclear family. I know I will escape from the turmoil as early as possible and enjoy a beautiful afternoon with the friends that are truly my chosen family. I have so much love in my life I could cry. I’m so blessed.

I hope this season brings every one of you happiness and comfort. I hope you are surrounded by people you love and call family, whether they are related by blood, or by choice. I hope you feel at home where ever you are, and I hope loneliness doesn’t plague your heart.

I hope you are loved, cherished, and inspired. I hope there in a spark in your life of some incredible passion and purpose.

Merry Christmas friends.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home