Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

WET!!

It’s raining… it’s pouring… the island is WET!!

Ok so my rhyming skills aren’t up to par today but I’m afraid my brain has turned into mush. It’s been a rough week for homework but my paper has been emailed off and I can check that assignment off the list. It’s strange flipping back and forth between antisocial nerd and naked fantasy, especially when doing it every 2 hours, but that’s my life right now. I slide into my stilettos and costume of the moment, smile, and dance up a storm. My “clothes” end up in a pile the corner of the stage, and I end up naked, sprawled on my back. As the music fades and DJ announces me off I wrap my rainbow leopard print blanket around my naked sweaty body, climb the secret stairs, and curl up on the dressing room couch, computer in my lap, and books all around me. It did make the week fly by.

I’ve been busy, too busy, too busy to think or create, or write or explore. I’ve been buried in books, and multitasking an absurd amount of tasks. But I’m happy. Things are coming together and my homeless days are almost over.

I’m beginning to get a sense of how exhausting my gypsy life has really been. The constant moving, the lack of a stable base, the memory of my own bed totally gone from my frame of reference, it’s almost over. I’m moving to Van… in 3 short weeks I’ll officially have my own apartment again (it’s been years). I’ll have my very own space… complete with NO furniture because after three years of being transient and homeless- I own nothing but books, PVC, plastic shoes, and sequined hats.

I’ll still be touring, but for the first time in my stripper life I’ll be able to come home to my own space. The idea is calming and exhilarating. I can’t wait!!!


(from the Vancouver Courier) Me and Trina at Dancers for Cancer :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For some of us the naked nerd, or naked geek, which ever the case, IS the fantasy.
    Congratulations on getting a place of your own.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congradulations on getting yer own place. Hope it turns out to be all yer dreams are of it. One day yer gonna look back and think '3 years me really didnt have a home of me own, it doesn't seem possible'. And you did it on yer own. Cuz it was something you wanted badly enough to work yerself almost to death for it.

    Good for you and luck is smilin yer way. So is the universe me thinks. Yer gonna have it all and yer never gonna beleive all this hapened in order for you to get it all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home