Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Monday, February 13, 2006

not going back

I survived the week. I don’t know how, but I did. I never have to go back there. It took every effort to not walk out last week. It took so much to just keep quiet and smile, to take the money, and leave on good terms. I adamantly disagree with how they run their clubs. I don’t believe it’s fair to rob us as they do. But in this industry, no one cares. They can choose to run their club as they see fit. I will choose not to book there again.

We were provided with a shared room in a condemned hotel, for $150 each. I chose to not stay there, so I was only charged $75. The bar collects $750 from the dancers each week for sub par rooms with no privacy.

9pm- 1am everyday is required unpaid floor time where all dancers are expected to be selling VIP dances. Dances sell for $30. $15 from each dance goes to house. For every $300 I earn, I only pocket $150. The money I gave back to house doubled my pay. We pay them to work there, I won’t be again.

There were a number of interesting people last week, weirdoes of the day, and drunken craziness. But to separate myself mentally and emotionally from the club, and keep my job, I had to not think about it… As I leave that town behind, I hope I also leave behind the emotional chaos that plagued my week. I’m in Fort McMurray now. I like it here. The people are nice. The bar is great. It should be a good week.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Gadzie said…

    “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson : Care of this site

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Cairde said…

    I am glad you are out of there! On to better times....

    :)

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Johnny Wadd said…

    What a ripoff, that shit would never fly here in Ontario.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Ryann said…

    that shit won't fly in BC either.

    Mic, I've heard horror stories about Ont. what's it really like to work?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home