Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

an escape

The undercurrent of chlorophyll is fading as the seasons give way. Neutral brown fields cut into the radiating the hues of fire as I watch the landscape blur behind me. Umber, crimson, and golden splashes of crackling autumn speckle the woodland. I look in vain for mountains, but am disappointed. There is nothing dynamic in this view. The uncomplicated watercolour of the blue above steadies my eye and provides a welcome diversion from the dull asphalt that feels endless. Wind whips through my jeans, chilling my thighs as I pull my hands deeper into the sleeves of leather. The vibrations of the Harley rumble through my body, at once calming and familiar. I relax against the cushy leather back and allow my mind to drift away. It’s a beautiful afternoon and I’m thankful to my new friend for this escape from routine.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    It's nice to hear the weather is nice up in Canadaland. I heard that it was wonderful weather over the last week in southern Ontario.

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    short and sassy and a hell of a good passenger, these things I realised as the miles clicked by, but conversation being somewhat limited due to the rumble from below I had no idea the depth of the person on the back. Yes, a dancer, someone who sells their particular talents to pay the bills, but an underlying talent far more impressive than anything that could be seen on stage has been recognised by this author. Respect is not easily given in my line of work either, but shorty you have earned mine. Your new friend.

     
  • At 4:37 AM, Blogger Evan said…

    I miss and long for a distinct change to the seasons. We get a sharp short and demanding jolt from a few breif weeks of winter into swealtering heat here lately.
    The cool breeze is a luxury worth writing about and being thankful for.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home