Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

annoyed.

I’m annoyed. I’ve been mildly annoyed at The American for a week or so. There have been tentative plans for him to come to Vancouver that keep getting pushed back or left unconfirmed and I really don’t have time for that. It’s not a big deal but it was annoying.

He called me last night to tell me they’re going to be in town—today! Sigh… my life doesn’t function with 24 hours notice. Sometimes flukes happen and I’m able to squeeze in an unexpected lunch with a friend, but with Stiletto Storm I’m swamped.

I rearranged a few things and let him know that I could be free between 2:00— 4:00pm this afternoon. We could do a late lunch or coffee, but I’m really busy and that’s the only time I can make on such short notice.

Reid texted me this morning asking if I was free for lunch. I haven’t seen him in weeks, and I miss him, but I turned down the lunch.

The American called shortly after and I missed the call. I checked my voicemail, “Hey, we’re on our way. We should be in town around noon then we want to go check out Gastown, then hop a seabus to North Vancouver, and then dinner around 5:00 and we’ll be out of town by 6:00.”

WHAT THE FUCK!

By my calculations that would put him in North Van during the window I gave him. I called him back, talked to his voicemail, and explained that I’m only free during the afternoon, and I can’t go to North Van.

Then I wait… and get more work done… and wait… and go to physio… and wait… and pick up my gloves from Justice, make a few phone calls, return a few emails… and wait… then I make myself lunch.

At 2:23 I receive a text. “We’re checking out N. Van. What do you think of the snow?”

WHAT THE FUCK!! Now I’m really annoyed.

I shook my head, ate my lunch, and texted back “I'm a little disappointed that I made time this afternoon and you didn't. It would have been nice to see you.

American: I was hoping we could meet up between 4:30 and 5:30. Does that not work for you?

Obviously this guy doesn’t listen at all. “No. I told you yesterday that I can be free between 2 and 4. I already have dinner plans.”

American: Oh that sucks. I don't remember hearing about your dinner plans. We had to squish a 2 day trip into 5 hours, so there is a lot that I wish we could have done.

At that point I ran out of things to say that wouldn’t include the words “presumptuous, self-absorbed, or inconsiderate” so I haven’t replied.

Why do so many guys expect my life to be free and available whenever it works for them? It feels disrespectful to assume that my plans are either non-existent or able to be rescheduled at the drop of a hat. I don’t live like that. I have a life, and a business, and friends, and stuff to do.

And right now I’m really annoyed. But I do have dinner plans with Carmine in a couple hours and that’s going to be a ton of fun.

Fuck dating.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Sugar. said…

    Drop the American. You don't need the added stress and aggravation of an inconsiderate twit who doesn't seem to care much about you or your time. You deserve way better than that. The writing's on the wall, his attitude and behaviour is not going to change. DROP HIM LIKE A STONE!!

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Cairde said…

    I am sure he is like so many others and if you do not have a 9-5 job, then you don't do anything and should be free whenever those people want you to be. I tend to agree with Sugar. Inconsiderate ass! Doesn't deserve you. You wanted a man that listens..he apparently doesn't.

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Ryann said…

    Dropped.

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Avalon said…

    Agreed, if he wanted to see you he would have made the effort to plan sightseeing around you. Not the other way around

     

Post a Comment

<< Home