Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Monday, March 20, 2006

tears and hugs

Many thoughts are running through my head. I am so thankful to be home, yet reality hits hard. Spring, I wish I could relate cherry blossoms to life, yet death is everywhere. My heart aches for those plunged into sorrow. I want to reach out. I want to heal, but I don’t know that I can. I have come home for my own journey. It is time. The mountains haven’t changed. The road remains the same, the ocean continues… yet everything changes.

There were five teens in the car, Spring break. Three died on the scene. I just heard that the driver died in hospital… words fail me. I am home, and home is in crisis… again. Tomorrow there will be grief counselors, tomorrow there will be school, tomorrow there will be a memorial. I didn’t know the kids, but I know the ripples. Angels cried Wednesday night. I may weep today. The children are crying. Parents are devastated. Hearts are broken… Some wounds never heal.

Tomorrow I will see my family. I will hug them, and tell them how much I love them, just as I always do. I am grateful to be home, to have a home with so many people who love and cherish me. I am a part of something here... a friend, a sister, a daughter.

Tears and hugs, memories are created of love. I can breathe, I can feel. At times I wish the growth didn't involve so much pain, but I am thankful for every experience.

I am home.


Jesus hardly regarded this world as a "vale of tears." He rather looked upon it as the birth sphere of the eternal and immortal spirits of Paradise ascension, the "vale of soul making."
The Urantia Book

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home