Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

and back to work...

What a weekend, it seems like a dream, an exhausting, tumultuous, exquisite and honest adventure. I learned a lot about myself in the past four days. Reflective, and open, I am more willing to experience and risk. Exotic Dancers for Cancer was a great success. We went beyond our target, raising $6000 in an evening. I look forward to seeing this event grow even more in the coming years.

But for now, I’m in Hanna, AB. Home of Nickelback. It is quite the town.



The stage is linoleum. Cracked and faded it should have been replaced years ago. The yellowed hues are evidence of history. But the bar is clean, beer is served in plastic cups, and although priorities in this town have not improved the stage, my room has been remodeled.

Someone has placed a felt flower pot above the TV. The petals are radiate elementary shades. Blissful the primary colours appear exotic in this room. The carpet is new, the furniture faded. Sunlight is dissolved through translucent plastic. Duct tape lines the frame where the adhesive of old masking tape has disintegrated. The discolored curtain reminds me of poor taste leftover from decades ago.

It was whirlwind weekend and I’m glad to be here. I have caught up on my sleep and I am content. It was a perfect weekend. At times emotions ran high, both anger and pleasure. But it was a good weekend.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger Gadzie said…

    Glad to hear the weekend was a reasonable success. As far as your new environment.. you missed the best part of the room.. YOU! I am happy the place is falling apart.. it just helps you shine more radiantly. Go get em girl!

    :)

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger thatgirl said…

    Hey, saw you at the Drake, sorry I didn't come say hi. I feel like a stalker now:P Well, not really. Anyway, just wanted to say, you were awesome, really liked the set, especially the first song. I left during the silent auction and you were pretty involved so I didn't want to just come out of the blue and start talking blog. Lol. Regretted it afterwards though. Oh well, next time. Hope you like the ring and stuff that you got. Keep up the good work!

    Kat

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Ryann, it was awesome to meet you on Sunday, it was an awesome event...Hope you have a good week in Hannah ;). Fluffy

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on the successful fundraiser, too bad I missed it ... maybe next year.

    I miss the days when Nickelback was still a bar band, playing venues like the Old Loose Moose at Big White. Is there a big "Home of Nickelback" sign??

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Ryann said…

    Yes, there is a Home of Nickelback sign. I'm dancing in the same bar they used to play at. (beer is served in plastic cups)

    Dammit!! Deepthoughts. I wish you had said "hi" when were you there??

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger thatgirl said…

    I know. I'm a big loser. Lol. I'll make up for it next time, promise.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home