Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Poison

My car didn’t want to start yesterday. Apparently at -35 it’s just not happy. Nor was I. poor delicate west coast girl that I am, winter and I do not get along. Today it’s warmed up to -13, almost balmy.

It’s Friday, the week is almost over. Hopefully I can survive the weekend without choking on the toxic cigarette smoke. It wafts through the darkness, the recycled poison; stale in the air stings my eyes and burns my throat. The vents are closed to keep the warmth trapped. There is no clean air. I lay in bed coughing and choking on my lungs, wishing my body could dispel the contamination. It was hours before I could sleep. Today, my lungs still hurt and I struggle to breathe. I don’t understand why they feel they have the right to poison the air I inhale. I don’t understand why I am looked at as unfriendly and demanding for wanting to breathe less cyanide.

I don’t think I will ever understand. I don’t think I will ever understand the selfish red-neck disrespect this province is so proud of.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Cairde said…

    Wow, -13...bikini weather! :(

    They just don't seem to realize not everyone wants a taste of the cancer stick! I wonder, would management mind if you danced w/ a face mask on? haaaa :P

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Sarah is here for the sandwiches said…

    dollygolightly.blogspot.com

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really can't wait till this stupid province actually does ban smoking in clubs. Unfortunately I can't see that happening while King Ralph is there.
    There seem to many people that like the cancer stix out here, although I don't mind the smell of a _good_ cigar or pipe tobacco. but it doesn't mean I'll smoke them either.

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol, when you talk about the rednecknish that they are so proud of it reminds me that every riding in the prov is represented by conservatives....interesting

     

Post a Comment

<< Home