Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

a day to pack

After a week of dedicated avoidance I am reluctantly becoming aware that my disaster of a room might not pack itself. I don’t know why my laundry is piled high on the couch, or why random bits of receipts haven’t found their way into a folder. My books taunt me from the shelf, not from boxes. Winter clothes hide in corners and drawers resisting any order.

I leave for Winnipeg tonight, and all this has to be put in boxes, organized, and relocated... to a location I just confirmed an hour ago.

Priorities have been with family and friends, not organizing bedding... sooooo I have left ALL my packing for both Winnipeg, and living in a new place when I return, until today. Of course I did. That's just what I do.

My day so far...

wake up
close eyes for extended period of time
realize I have a TON of stuff to do today
turn on computer (without getting out of bed)
Check email
Stare at stuff
Read blogs
Organize costumes
Throw in laundry
Check email
Make a few phone calls
Start packing clothes
Contemplate WHERE am I moving?
shower, brush teeth and get dressed
Make a few phone calls
Put clothes in suitcase
decide I hate my shirt. change.
Find posters
Find lighters… and pack them
Ponder how to transport cowboy hats without crushing them, without hat boxes
Check email
Leave. Go buy toothpaste
Eat
Return and find boxes
Put books in boxes
Change laundry
Pack around hats
Swear at winter clothes
Figure out where I’m moving
Pack faster
Clear shelves, and finish clothes for Winnipeg
Wonder how many books I NEED
Pack bathroom (for Winnipeg)
Call mom
Open drawer. Find more clothes. Swear.
Pile up books for Winnipeg and wonder how much I’m going to have to pay for extra luggage
Check bank account. Make “ugh” noise
Blog.
Look around at the disaster and resist temptation to leave again.
Check countdown until I leave town… 3.5 hours. Swear.
Post blog… and get back to work

I’m not done yet. Progress has been made, but I doubt I’ll have a lot of time to spare today. On that note… byeeeeeeeeeee

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Johnny Wadd said…

    If your heading to the 'peg DON'T forget your mosquito repellent!

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Gadzie said…

    That's funny girl. Good luck with the move.

     
  • At 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like being a cat's master; you clean and then they mess it up.

    Hmm, well, I guess I need kitty to clean up after kitty.

    Gölök Zoltán Buday

     

Post a Comment

<< Home