Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Melting

I sprawl out on the roof, melting under the warmth as I wait for the sun to fade. The idea of wearing PVC or sequins tonight is repulsive. Sticky stripper flesh is not sexy; I don’t care how good the shiny body looks on stage. I search in vain for costumes that are cool, fewer layers are better. I glance in the mirror and see my makeup glistening… liquefying on my skin. It’s hot. I splash icy water on my naked body watching as it evaporates in an instant. I splash more on my legs, arms, back of my neck… I feel the fleeting shiver as it drips down my spine. It’s good to be back. I’m at The Drake, home sweet home. The jet lag is finally diminishing and I’m feeling like a stripper again. Perhaps not what most people aspire to feel like after a vacation, but I’m glad to be back.

Memories of Europe and everlasting flights are fading into a summer cold. My voice is abandoning me, leaving a raspy, breathy imitation. So sexy, I sound like I’ve been chain-smoking for a century. I feel my immune system fighting the weakness, fighting the threatening illness. I’m not going to get sick! I’m stubborn. It’s time for some post-vaca vitamins, orange juice, ginger, and other fun immune boosters. It’s time to enjoy the summer and the amazing people in my life.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Cairde said…

    Welcome Back! :)

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Kathryn said…

    Glad you're feeling better!

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I wasn't there and I am a football fan, and my memory of Europe for now is the shame of Port v. Ned on either side and the shame I feel that I for the first time ever want the English to win the next game; I wager your memory is better than a 4 red one yellow goal keeper game. RIP. Or that other thing, but those pictures, nothing Jeff Gannon, I was young though and needed the candy.
    It is nice to be reminded how ED isn't always a bad pare of initials (Exotic Dancing).

    Gölök Z. L. F. Buday
    http://www.contact.being-ones-self.org/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home