Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

all is well

The power lines FELL OFF the building at the Cecil yesterday. I just love ancient buildings, such character, such safety issues… Unfortunately it’s rather difficult and dangerous to dance and drink in the dark, so we unexpectedly got the night off.

It was a perfect day. Relaxing, mellow, and productive, I was finally able to slow down and enjoy the company of friends. I found an apartment last weekend, and I’m thrilled. It’s beautiful and perfect for me. Deposit has been paid. When I return from Europe I’ll be officially moving.

I can’t wait. I get to furnish a new place. I get to create a sanctuary of my own. I’ve been on the road for so long I’ve forgotten what it feels like to sleep in my own bed. I’ve forgotten what it feels like to have my own space. I’m excited, accepting, impatient, giddy, and open. The people in my life make me smile. Unexpected friends and comfortable escapes feel real.

In this moment, I don’t want for anything. I care. I am not as detached as I claim to be, nor am I as frustrated as I once was. Things are happening around me. Relationships are changing. Beginnings are appearing. I fly to Europe in five days. It’s going to be an incredible adventure.

I’m happy.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger Gadzie said…

    Enjoy the trip. Be safe. Tease the boys. We'll be here when you come back!

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I bloody well hope the Cecil's okay for May 29th, I hate missing that day, it's a day to forget a year went past like it was still 1984, oh when will it be 1985? When?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home