Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Cameron Falls

The roar of the rapids is deep as it cuts through the rock and carves into the ice. Powerful currents chip away at the remaining evidence of winter.





This is the land of the midnight sun, we are almost there. I watch the sun, still high above the horizon. Hardened trees persevere, clinging to rock and scare soil. Despite the harsh reality of the unforgiving elements they grow, bit by bit, each year. A forest of persistence and patience envelops my heart.

The falls echo behind me as I walk. The rhythmic current reverberates in a fading memory as I gaze at the mirror before my eyes. The perfect reflection is surreal. I am at peace as the sun warms my skin and beauty and hope fill my soul. Another week has begun, and I am almost on my way home. In a week the ocean will stretch out before me and the rain will kiss my skin. This moment is lovely, perfect in its simplicity and majesty. I am giddy with anticipation for the moments to come.


Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home