Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Pathetic Power

There are some amazing people in this industry, dancers I admire, DJs I adore, managers I respect. Then there are the pathetic power-tripping twats who weasel their way up the chain of leftovers.

I had the misfortune of working for the latter this week. The stage is great, good lighting, great staff, the girls are awesome, the bar is classy… the manager is definitely the sour apple of the bunch. For the record, I’m NOT impressed with the agency either. They have done nothing to earn the 15% of my pay.

He fired me Friday night. Actually it was apparently arranged on Thursday, and the agency decided that growing balls was out of the question and is still avoiding me. At 9pm on FRIDAY night another girl arrived at the club to cover my shows. Unprofessional? Gee ya think? I was informed that I was not good enough to dance in his club on a weekend. Good enough for a Thursday, but not for a Friday. I can’t take it personally. We’ve all met those individuals who illicit memories of pond scum. He’s arbitrarily fired some of the best dancers in the circuit. I was not the first stripper he screwed over, and I will not be the last. I will write it off as lesson learned and I will not be intentionally working in his club again.

But it’s been a rough day. While he took away my night shift, he simultaneously refused to pay me until I had finished my Saturday day shows. (there was no one to cover me). So knowing I was replaced, loosing money by the day, waiting to just go home and forget… I had to do two pointless afternoon shows before being paid for the week. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

It’s over now. I am on vacation. Three weeks off!! Three weeks to relax and distance myself. This job is jading. This industry wears on your soul. It has nothing to do with the customers, who are amusing and entertaining at best, annoying and odd at worst. No, the attitudes of a few useless individuals are frustrating and demoralizing. Dismissed, detached, and objectified we strippers are a dime a dozen. There are those who crave the power, perhaps a penile enhancement would solve some problems.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Ryann said…

    for the record, I was at the Cecil.

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger Johnny Wadd said…

    No brains, no experience, no personality, no morals but crooked as a 3 dollar bill? Strip Club management is for you! I won't miss dealing with those idiots.

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahh, The Cecil always seemed alright to me. Given that I am open to hearing complaints and ask about it when the option is there, I never heard a thing; but then again, who knows some guys people claim are Bikers, I see guys wearing the shirts, you can buy them at a shirt store down the street, but no, I never noticed anything dirty, I am the first to spot it and report it. Hmmm. I was there earlier this month and expect to do my B-Day tradtion of SCing there. Granted I sometimes find the booth a bit odd and some movements toward the back, but that's heresay or circumstantial suspcion or suspicious behaviour that could be either something or nothing. -- Gölök Zoltán Leenderdt Franco Buday, don't blame me, I voted Buday, LOL.

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Ryann said…

    how a club appears to a customer, is very different from the experience as a dancer.

    Maybe you need to let go of the superficial complaints directed at the clubs that are actually respectful and positive work environments and recognize that appearances are just that.

    If I say I like a club. I mean it. I don't give a shit about dirty t-shirts or perceived infractions. I care about being treated with respect, dignity, and fairness. I care about being considered as a human being, not a disposable object.

    I will NOT be working the Cecil. I WILL be working The Drake, and The No5

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Ryann said…

    oh and Johnny... you got it!!

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was at the Cecil yesterday and the ladies, "Miss Kitty," "Onya," and "Lilu" were lovely and entertaining, I ran into a collegue of sorts, not a political ally by far, in fact an opponent in many ways, are you sometimes talking about Mr. Patrick Britton? I know he sees no difference in Prostitution, Nudism, and Exotic Dancing which is a problem that I countered, but we are still civil at least. However I can see how maybe he can be an offence to a dancer when treated as if she is the same as a nudist and prostitute (on or off camera or city hall). Maybe he knows someone there who helps him, and in his dream of a state paid for cult compound, I have no idea, I'd love to hear your specifics, e-mail me, if you wish, you have it I understand. Maybe something I saw off the corner will come up. I was happy that there was no Brick Yard crap, it was a decent B-Day there; just F1-Monaco (tough to follow for an oval),Football, and Tennis highlights. My relative who did this for years, starting as a journalist with an curiosity, tells me that some chicks will get perks from bonuses to blow for bad mouthing one place and complementing another in public and so on; she saw it happen. I myself have a journalistic curiosity, well the old school style, not the fluff peddler now-a-days. None-the-less, I am no impuning anyone, just stating doubts and asking for information if you'll help. Thanks, Gölök Zoltán Leenderdt Franco Buday

     

Post a Comment

<< Home