Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Friday, June 30, 2006

I LOVE being a Stripper

Why I love my job...

Sequins are shiny. Playing dress-up is fun.

What woman doesn't love Shoes

Giggles and change room gossip

Friendship. I am surrounded by incredible, sexy, accepting, strong women who are supportive rather than competitive. We’ve seen it. We get it. It is so powerful to be surrounded by women who understand and offer comfort and camaraderie.

Relationships judged on character rather than looks. Everyone is beautiful. Respect in the industry from peers comes from being a beautiful person on the inside… kind, reliable, responsible, encouraging, and accepting.

No topic is ever taboo

The music… the rhythm… the beat. I fucking LOVE dancing.

I crave the stage. Under the lights, allowing the music to move through my body. Channeling sexual energy through my motions and my eyes. I love the sensuality of my job. I love the attention and adoration. I love being the fantasy.

Appreciation of beauty, not perfection (we all have flaws and cellulite). I love watching the sensual beauty of dancers. I love watching the grace, confidence, and energy. They are all so beautiful, and not one is perfect.

Serious cunt love. Women need to love their own bodies, including if not especially their pussy. What an amazing creation the female nude is. Glorious and gorgeous. Learn your body. Mirrors are great. Stripping is great for teaching women to embrace their sexuality and all that is woman. Love your cunt.

Flexibility to work whenever, wherever. The knowledge that I have a certain amount of job-security. In a week I can make enough to get out of a tight spot. I can take as much or as little time off as I want. I can leave, and come back in a year without warning and be working within a week.

Business skills. I am an independent contractor responsible for all aspects of my business… marketing me… Ryann Rain.

Development and fine-tuning of boundaries. I am always aware of potentially dangerous situations. I’ve seen what some men will say, and do. I’ve seen how easy it is for some scum to dehumanize women. I wish all women had the courage, and the boundaries to say “Don’t fucking touch me”. I know of SO many women who have been assaulted, coerced, drugged, raped, or abused… often as a result of a desire for approval and not wanting to be mean.

I’m not afraid to be mean. I’m not afraid to offend. I'm not afraid to be clear and direct. I’m not afraid to say “listen up asshole. Get the hell away from me. Don’t talk to my friends, and don’t fucking touch me. Leave. Now.”

Freedom to travel and the confidence to travel. Drop me in a new town, foreign country, or a strange bar. I have the street smarts and adaptability. I’m not afraid to travel alone.

Appreciation of the less mainstream aspects of relationships.

Marriage/ relationship counseling. We are therapists. I enjoy having the ability to listen to men’s problems, frustrations, and daily stories. Sometimes all they need is for someone to listen. Sometimes there are problems at home. Sometimes I am in a position to offer insight, understanding, and healing. Sometimes he just needs to be reminded to go home and tell his wife he loves her.

Recognition of the humanity forgotten. Nothing negates the value of individual humanity, not addictions, not occupation, not sexuality, not choices. Whether homeless, prostituting, struggling with addictions, living in alternate lifestyles, or making difficult choices… EVERYONE is deserving of respect and consideration.

When bad days and bad weeks happen… everything changes after 6 days. New bar, new girls, new attitude. Never am I stuck in a negative work environment for more than 6 days. If I hate it… I never have to go back.

I know my strength as a woman, my power as a fantasy, and my worth as an individual. Like any job there are good days and bad days. Too many people spend too many years in jobs they hate. I appreciate what I’ve learned. But most days… I love my job.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Gadzie said…

    Sista girl, it sounds like Europe did great things for you! I am glad your back safe and your ready to rock the world! There are 2 types of people that go to strip clubs. People who go to see tits and ass (chests and ass if your a woman but, being a hetrosexual male I refuse to say "Penises" oops..) and the people who go to see male and female erotic dancers. I'd like to believe I fit into the latter of the the two groups. Last time I went, I found a girl that struck my fancy and she made all my worries go away. She treated me like a king and danced her heart out. I've only been 3 times in my life and I like to have good experiences when I do indulge in such a pleasure. btw.. where are the pics from europe!? I'll host them if you need space!

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think that post sums up some of the reasons that i've always been attracted to dancers. It's never really been about the occupation but the confidence and the intelect, if you know where to look you can see the brains behind the planning and during the execution of the show.

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger Chickie said…

    This post made me feel good to be a woman!

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi..just wanna say i love yer message. i am also a stripper..jsut started a month ago. and i love it. people do judge strippers...they think thats ALL we are. but we are just everyday girls, making a living.
    our sexuality and sensuality is a power, an advantage. not a taboo, not a weakness. strippign is only demeaning if u let it. and yer right, we are beautiful, not perfect. being a stripper isnt just simply taking yer clothes -its more to that. thank god im a stripper....i hated workin for peanuts at minium wage jobs..being treated like shit, not being able to pick your own schedule, people bossing u around. well jsut wanted to give u a thumbs up for having yuer head screwed on right. -jasmine

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    xoxoxo

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I love this post!

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    i love this post!

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your post...I am a full time stripper and Know it is possible to earn the types of money you are talking about! We do use our brains and our looks. I also teach girls how to make money, so if you area stripper or want to be one come and visit cheeky butlers liverpool

     

Post a Comment

<< Home