Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Turkey Day!! (I love Firefighters)

Happy Turkey Day Canada!!! It’s Thanksgiving, and I’m far from home this year. It’s the first year I remember that I’ve missed Thanksgiving with my family. I could be lonely but I’m okay, because I love Firefighters!!! Especially when I’m invited to enjoy a fabulous turkey dinner at the fire hall.

The aroma of turkey fills the room as I eagerly wait for dinner. The boys are wandering in and out, killing time and waiting for turkey. A football game quietly plays in the background and jokes and laughter flow through the room. Dinner is fabulous, and I’m incredibly thankful to be here. The turkey is moist and savory; the potatoes are colourful and delicious. Cheese oozes from the corner of my overstuffed potato as I nibble through bits of mushroom, pepper and more cheese. Yummy potatoes!! I laugh at my friend for his unimaginative plate void of any veggies, oh well more for us.

The alarm sounds, and everyone drops their forks. Within seconds the hall is empty and the siren is fading into the distance. I look around amused and laugh. I’m all alone, and very full. I grab the remote and flip to CSI (I have no use for football). An hour later the boys return to their dinner and pie. It’s been a good day, and I’m happy. The relaxing effects of the tryptophan leave a content smile on my face.

(Feel free to add your own) This Thanksgiving I'm thankful for...

Sisters, brothers, my family and the unconditional love I've never questioned.
Friendships that warm my heart, heal my soul, and create a sense of home no matter where I am. I love you friends.
Pieces of comfort I carry with me: My Care Bear, books, cell phone, internet, and my laptop.
The opportunity to create myself, and be proud.
Education.
Canada.
Firemen!
Kisses.
Dreams and ambitions.
Courage.
Hope.
Freedom.
Children.
Faith.
The opportunity to experience this life, explore the world, and meet new people.
Tears.
Laughter
Love.
Sunshine.
Hope and healing.
Rainbows.
Snuggles.
Rain.
Chocolate.
The ocean.
Mountains.
Home.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Jason said…

    Ok, so how did you get to have dinner in a firehouse??

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Ryann said…

    I'm just that adorable ;)

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Cairde said…

    Happy Thanksgiving Ry! Sounds like a great time.

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    I believe that

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am glad you enjoyed our company because we enjoyed yours. It was quite refreshing to have a new and enlighted perspective added to our twisted sense of humour and conversation.

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger Anna said…

    I laughed when I read your post - we live close to a fire hall and I was wondering as we were driving home tonight what those guys were doing for thanksgiving dinner and if they would be able to eat their meal without getting called out. Glad you were able to spend a nice night out! Happy Thanksgiving!

     
  • At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    glad ya had a good thanksgiving...welcome to Ontario!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Shay said…

    Sounds like a great way to spend thanksgiving!
    I haven't been able to spend one with my family since I went away to university - it still makes me feel a but jelous when they call and tell me about all the tasty stuff my dad made, even though I get a nice meal with friends these days.

    Happy (b-lated) Thanksgiving!!

     
  • At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd be thankful if the Royal Colony of Canada would drop it's BS and admit it's just PC to have a different (and maybe a little different to be anti-American) Thanks Giving day and then drop the whiping of the tear, here maybe this will get me trouble a joke so classic I wasn;t in High School yet, "what's Red Wine? White man took my land!" "What's white whine he's got new money! Waaah!"
    Really, someone who can't read anything in context or want to will accuse me of bigotry, but I think Columbus Day is Stupid; that's the West Indies. Vespussi (Amerigo) Day or Erik Day (some Viking) or even this St./San Brendan could be used allthough he's too unsaved for "them."
    Some appearant Irish/Gaelic explorer
    that is said to be here before the rest.
    I think being greatful is for anytime something and when something good happens to you. Not just for some Ra worshipping Pagan Day.
    Ra is for Masons and Kabalists.

    best

    Gölök (B.J.) Buday
    http://www.contact.terrantula.com/
    "Why am I not acting, why am I shying away from my TV/Film roots and skills? Why did I prefer politics? Because Politics is less political lately than most of the entertainment industries." -- Gölök (B.J.) Buday
    http://www.quotesz.chronicerudite.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home