Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Monday, November 05, 2007

The WOW Event

It’s entirely too sunny out for me to be inside for much longer. I’ve been pretty productive this morning and I think it’s almost time for tea. I have a million things to do and I’m loving every moment.

I attended the WOW event yesterday. Founded by Christine Awram, WOW is now in its fourth year. Wow! It’s one of those experiences that’s hard to translate into conversation or print. “You just have to be there” seems to be the most common response. As I was leaving someone asked me “well what is WOW?” and all I could come up with was “it’s a celebration of how amazing and fabulous we are.”

But it’s much more than that. It’s more than a feel-good day. I left last night feeling inspired, energized, and even more confident than I normally am. My heart was open, my spirit was positive, and my mind was racing. The energy of having almost a thousand women in one room sharing in their power was electrifying. It was a gathering of women owning up to how fabulous each and every one is. There were no apologies or minimizing of effort or experience. It was a day of support, strength, and positive learning, especially with Michael Losier teaching about the Law of Attraction.

I learned about leadership from Elaine Allison, a woman who is both powerful and full of grace. I learned about finance from a bubbly blonde from Edmonton, Kelly Keehn, and I laughed and laughed and laughed with both hypnotist Wayne Lee and award winning humorist Linda Edgecombe.

I’ll be back next year. I hope you’ll join me.

The WOW credo. By Christine Awram

I am a Woman of Worth!
My worthiness is inherent, infinite and persevering –
it is my natural state.
My value is a reflection of who I AM -
and I am magnificent.
And ... who I AM –
always makes a difference.
I MATTER
I am successful –
because I come from my true power, which lies within.
I lead through inspiration –
from quiet acts of kindness, to leading a nation.
I am empowered -
I make choices from the clarity of my heart, mind and spirit.
I am abundant –
as the core of my true essence ALWAYS supports manifestation.
I cherish my relationships –
they are part of what makes me strong.
I am a Human BEing -
as my BEing is of far more significance than my DOing.
I play and I laugh and I bring beauty and light into the world –
I am RADIANT.
At times I despair and I weep, when I feel the pain of a world that has momentarily gone mad.
Yet even when I tremble through a dark night of the soul, I renew my faith and my courage in a single heartbeat because my spirit is indomitable.
I FEEL and I CARE and I am PASSIONATE -
with a heart as open as the universe.
I AM A WOMAN OF WORTH, AND I AM GLORIOUS!

WOW
Because every woman … is a Woman Of Worth

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger KellyNerd said…

    that is the most inspiring post I have read in ... well... maybe eVER!

    thank you for sharing...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home