Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

done with AB

I can’t believe it’s already the middle of September. I have no idea where 2007 has gone. But if the year has gone by this fast already I can only imagine how quickly the next six months are going to fly by. I have so much work to do.

It’s a huge relief to be able to finally talk about Stiletto Storm and our National Exotic Dance Championship. Fiona and I have been hard at work since February creating this project. It’s been a lot of behind the scenes work creating the contest format, rules, vision, and the foundation. But now the momentum has increased significantly. I’m on the hunt for sponsors and everything is coming together.

I’m so excited!

But for now I’m in Edson, AB for one more day. It’s been a good week, good company, and decent tips. This was my only week out of town this season. I have a production to run in Vancouver. I can’t be gallivanting around the country anymore. Really, I don’t want to be. I want to be at home, sleeping in my own bed and enjoying a limited social life. I’m happy working in Vancouver. I think I might just move into Mugs and Jugs (they wouldn’t mind right?)

The strip bars in Vancouver are great. There aren’t many left but they’re great clubs. I enjoy going to work at home. The No5 Orange is like a family. It’s always the same people and it’s nice to actually have the same coworkers week after week. The staff is awesome at all of the clubs. The Penthouse feels like an old theatre. It’s a totally stress-free week.

And it’s been really nice to go to work for the past year and NOT have anything thrown at me. Loonies do add up quickly. It’s not hard to make a couple hundred dollars in loonies. But it’s just annoying. Inevitably someone gets too enthusiastic and throws them too hard and it can sting. Most of the time it’s all with the best intentions but a coin impacting my ankle hurts. I have to constantly be wary of coins on the stage which can be dangerous.

I’m just done with Alberta. I’m going to go home tomorrow, visit my friends, and get cracking on find marketing partners for Stiletto Storm.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Sugar. said…

    Go and get 'em! I'm cheering for you!

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Tyler Ingram said…

    Yay Ryann is coming home! lol

    So they really to toss loonies and toonies in AB eh?

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger Cairde said…

    Your enthusiams is great! I am so excited for you. Goodluck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home