Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Bourbon 50 bullshit!!

So Friday night I was at the Bourbon 50 on West Cordova for Reid's CD release party. Near the end of the show I got a phone call so I went outside so I could hear, stepped over the rope and finished my phone call. I hung up and went to walk back in the bar and the doorman (who looks familiar) stops me. “I don’t think so.”

“I’m sorry? What? I was just in there. I’m with the band. I’ve been here all night. I was just on the phone.”

He snorts at me “Oh you are easily the most annoying person I’ve dealt with all week.”

I’m shocked. “Are you kidding me?”

“No. I’m not fucking kidding you. You can’t just step over the rope. You’re not coming back in.”

“What the FUCK!?!? You’re not letting me back in the bar because I STEPPED OVER YOUR ROPE?!?”

He shouts at me in front of 20 people standing in line. “LISTEN BITCH!! I DON’T GET IN YOUR FACE WHEN YOU’RE TAKING YOUR CLOTHES OFF AT THE NO5!”

Suddenly I remember where I’ve seen him-- he used to be a bouncer. This guy used to work protecting me. “Look. It’s probably the only Friday night off I’m going to get this year. I just want to go hang out with my friends.”

"So." He shrugs.

"WTF! come on. It's almost the end of the show. I never get to hear them play can you please just let me enjoy the show!"

"Get out of my face bitch."

"What the FUCK is your problem? Because I stepped over your fucking rope? Seriously just let me go hang out with my friends."

He ignores me and walks away, refusing to let me back in the bar and leaving me alone on the street in Gastown. After ten minutes of walking in and out of the bar, ignoring me, he returns. He shrugs, rolls his eyes, and nods for the other doorman to open the rope for me. I glare at him and storm into the bar, heading straight for the stage.

Another bouncer follows me to the dance floor and starts yelling “Hey! You can’t come in here. You didn’t show your stamp!”

“Are you fucking kidding me! Just leave me alone. I’m with the band. I’m on the fucking list and my stamp is right here on my arm!”

“Oh you need you go. Get out!” he yells at me

I’m practically in tears as my friends try to explain it to him. Before I even know it the fucking bouncer has called the fucking Vancouver Police on me!! Of course it has to be some angry chick cop who stands with her hands on her hips glaring at me “You need to leave. Right now. They’ve asked us to remove you. Let’s go.”

I’m on the verge of tears. All I want to do is enjoy my night.

Outside the bitch starts giving me shit about causing trouble and threatens to throw me in the drunk tank. “They have the right to refuse service to troublemakers.”

“I didn’t do anything wrong! At all!” The tears have started.

She refuses to listen to anything “You need to keep your mouth shut. We get a lot of problems in this neighbourhood.”

“What’s the problem?” Reid, the guitar player, asks as he walks out the door.

“You need to stay out of this. Go back inside.” She orders him.

“I’m not about to leave her out here alone.” He replies calmly. “She's a good friend of mine. I just want to get this sorted out.”

“You want to go to the drunk tank too?” She threatens.

“Look. She hasn’t done anything. This is just a misunderstanding.”

Suddenly he’s slammed up against the side of the building and cuffed. I’m bawling. The doorman is smirking at me, laughing.

Obviously the show is really over now that the guitar player is in cuffs. I shout at the lead singer as he walks out the smoking room door.

“They all need to stay out of this.” The cop orders me.

I glare at her.
She glares back.
I’m in a fucking staring contest as I type their badge numbers into my phone.

It takes us another half hour to get Reid released. The promoter is raging. I’m still in tears. What a load of crap. Fucking asshole. The doorman is gloating now. He tips his stupid beret at me as we walk away to wait for the rest of the band to load up the gear.

Maybe that asshole doorman hit on me one day at work and I blew him off. Maybe he just hates me. Maybe he’s a fucking steroid monkey that needs to feel powerful over something. I'm still upset about it. I don't treat people like that. I just couldn't.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Who am I ? said…

    Ryann, I think you're at a fork in the road. Maybe, after all this time, you need to make a choice between THE life and A life. Im not sure you can have both at the same time without alot of hurt.

    I keep reading your posts and your life story. Youre a wonderful person who deserves so much more but the shit you get goes with the job, and it pulls a veil of perception over the eyes of those you meet.

    And maybe you look through that veil too ?? Be happy baby- go back to your studies and put your life back together.You can only walk down one fork in the road without cuting yourself in two. Thats where you are - split into two lives and trying to hold onto both. I care what happens for you,

    Kate

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Unfucking real. A bouncer on a power trip. He ain't got no balls that's for sure. He proved that the minute he called the cops to have ya removed for doing nothing. ASSHOLE is what he is!!!!

    He obviously hadnt been laid in awhile which is why he tripped out on you. Me hates people that act all tough an really aint got the brains of an ant

     

Post a Comment

<< Home