Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

change... again.

I’ve been fired. I’m not even sure why. That’s not entirely true. I know their reason I just think it’s stupid. It boils down to my refusing to turn off my cell phone. I refused to be unavailable to return business calls Monday—Friday, 10-4. That would run Stiletto Storm into the ground in three weeks and obviously my business is my priority. I thought I’d made that clear when I was hired but I guess not. They felt that I didn’t take the restaurant job seriously enough. *rolling eyes*

I suppose that tons of people say they’re doing other things, but few actually do. Faced with concrete proof that Stiletto Storm is a functioning business the owner freaked. It really pissed me off that I was given no warning, no notice, no... anything. The day just ended with "We're letting you go."

I’m caught between feeling like there’s a flaw in my personality and work ethic, or that I’m just so far beyond that job that it’s a waste of time for me to show up. I know there’s a certain amount of pride attached to it as well. I should be able to do anything… even serving at a minimum wage job. I might be what people mean by “over qualified”. I could run the restaurant with my eyes closed but I can’t handle filling out checklists and taking orders like a toddler.

I’m not even sure if I’m upset. I know I’m pissed off but I can’t decide if I even liked the job. I really liked the cook, she’s a doll. And it was a nice change living in the mainstream world a while but it’s not a reality for me. I’m not meant for the 9-5 life. A new job will appear soon, hopefully one that works better with my life.

I just texted Monkey to tell him I was fired. I didn’t want to but I’m really trying to include him in my life, not just the good stuff. It’s too easy for me to seek comfort from my friends and try to shelter him from anything about me that is less than perfect. Well I’m not perfect. I was fired today. He replied, “Aww hun, you’ve been fired for being too beautiful.”

I do adore him. We’re heading in a tough direction now. He’s going to be working too much, too far away for the next few months and I'm going to miss him. It’s going to be a challenge but I think what we have is worth it. We'll see how it goes.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger IW said…

    I know exactly how you feel. Ive waitressed for years while taking a break from stripping and actively avoiding an office job. I could do anything, run the restaurant with my eyes closed too, but I am hopeless at stomaching the waitressing bit.
    I juggle two evils and wonder where I will fall.

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger KellyNerd said…

    well you just gave me goosebumps!

    His was the perfect answer to a text that you didnt want to send. I bet you are glad you included him now!

    Love you hon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home