Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Monday, January 23, 2006

On the road again...

Winding through the darkness, the Milky Way stares down at me, inviting my gaze to the sky. The road is dark and the trees shimmer, elusive as the headlights fade. My car is covered in mud. I know I’ll have to stop at the next station to clear off some of the sludge. There is no sign of life on this road. I drive endlessly through the darkness. I know the woods hide numerous animals from my eyes. A truck appears behind me, pausing briefly before swerving around my vehicle. It is the first sign of human life I have seen since the last town.

I look at my cell phone. “no service”. I look back at the stars and yawn. Melody fills the car as I adjust the dial. The rhythm of the guitar matches my car...

“Good luck on the road again. Passing slow time. Passing power lines. Getting different done. Getting different done… ”

I’m back on the road again… I’m tired. It feels like a million years since I left the bar in Campbell River. I’m unable to think about the final destination. I focus instead on the green signs that mark the countdown to smaller towns.

No longer able to comprehend time, I arrive at the bar shortly before midnight. I unload my car and make my bed. Care bear in arm I settle into bed. I’m content. It was a good morning. I wonder what this tour will bring. I wonder what I’ll learn. I wonder… I sleep.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Cairde said…

    Makes me nervous to read of you driving down deserted roads all alone, no cell service...but you are far braver than I. I curl up with my bear at night. Brian the Bear listens to my thoughts of what odd events struck me today and my hopes for the following day. Bless our fuzzy bears. :)

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Ryann said…

    my care bear loves me.

    ... as do my friends and family that check in on me, especially when I'm on the road.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home