Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Michael gets it... do we??

Michael Moore Statement on Canadian Election

Oh, Canada -- you're not really going to elect a Conservative majority on Monday, are you? That's a joke, right? I know you have a great sense of humor, and certainly a well-developed sense of irony, but this is no longer funny. Maybe it's a new form of Canadian irony -- reverse irony! OK, now I get it. First, you have the courage to stand against the war in Iraq -- and then you elect a prime minister who's for it. You declare gay people have equal rights -- and then you elect a man who says they don't. You give your native peoples their own autonomy and their own territory -- and then you vote for a man who wants to cut aid to these poorest of your citizens. Wow, that is intense! Only Canadians could pull off a hat trick of humor like that. My hat's off to you....

But seriously, I know you're not going to elect a guy who should really be running for governor of Utah. Whew! I knew it! You almost had me there. Very funny. Don't do that again. God, I love you, you crazy cold wonderful neighbors to my north. Don't ever change.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php?id=192

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Anna said…

    Oh I hope we all get it. A conservative majority scares the hell out of me.

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Celena said…

    Stupid jerk, I was going to write about that!!

     
  • At 5:33 AM, Blogger Cairde said…

    1/24/06 - I just read the conservatives won, making the Canadian Gov't closer to the American Gov't....for this I am sorry. Good luck to you all. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home