Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Michael gets it... do we??

Michael Moore Statement on Canadian Election

Oh, Canada -- you're not really going to elect a Conservative majority on Monday, are you? That's a joke, right? I know you have a great sense of humor, and certainly a well-developed sense of irony, but this is no longer funny. Maybe it's a new form of Canadian irony -- reverse irony! OK, now I get it. First, you have the courage to stand against the war in Iraq -- and then you elect a prime minister who's for it. You declare gay people have equal rights -- and then you elect a man who says they don't. You give your native peoples their own autonomy and their own territory -- and then you vote for a man who wants to cut aid to these poorest of your citizens. Wow, that is intense! Only Canadians could pull off a hat trick of humor like that. My hat's off to you....

But seriously, I know you're not going to elect a guy who should really be running for governor of Utah. Whew! I knew it! You almost had me there. Very funny. Don't do that again. God, I love you, you crazy cold wonderful neighbors to my north. Don't ever change.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php?id=192

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Anna said…

    Oh I hope we all get it. A conservative majority scares the hell out of me.

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Celena said…

    Stupid jerk, I was going to write about that!!

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger empme said…

    Oh, how I wish Stephen Harper were just a bad, unfunny joke. I can only hope that he does not gain power tomorrow.

    And I want to try to remember that most Canadians believe in progressive social agendas (because the number of people who vote NDP and Liberal add up to more then those who vote Conservative). Ack. All I can do at this point is vote, and encourage everybody I know to do the same.

     
  • At 5:33 AM, Blogger Cairde said…

    1/24/06 - I just read the conservatives won, making the Canadian Gov't closer to the American Gov't....for this I am sorry. Good luck to you all. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home