Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

rain

The wind whips the trees as the waves clash into the shore. Rain splatters into the glass, unaware of the warmth inside. It’s a chilly winter day on the coast. Everything is grey, and wet. The skate park across the street is abandoned by everyone but the seagulls.

My room is bathed in a soft yellow glow. It feels strangely cozy. The leg of the bed has been replaced by a crooked chunk of wood. The plaster walls are cracking in places, and window has been warped from years of dampness. The TV and lamp remind me of my Grandmother’s. “Top Gun” is playing in the background as I type. Somehow this movie touches on something I crave, that I dare not admit. There is some element that for all my determination, stubborn cynicism, and ambition, remains intact.

Watching every motion in this foolish lovers game
Haunted by the notion somewhere there’s a love in flames…
Turning and returning to some secret place inside
Watching in slow motion as you turn my way and say…
Take my breath away….
Take my breath away….

The painting on the wall reminds me of a Japanese postcard sold to Hawaii. The couch is a deep navy blue; it works well to hide the stains I know are there. From my window I can see the sunlight evaporating. There will be no sunset tonight. The grey sky is fading to black as the orange lights glisten on the streets. Almost time for another show...

3 Comments:

  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Celena said…

    Does that mean that you got "Top Gun" for Christmas?

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi. i'm hidy. i'v just read your journals. so impressive.!
    i'm realy glad to meet you eventhough it was very short time to know the each other. but by the blog i can know you more and i can pray for you.i want you to be happy.

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Blogger Ryann said…

    it was lovely to meet you too Hidy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home