Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

mmm ginger

Urgh.

Sniffles, achy everything, headache... I'm not quite sick but it's an ongoing battle. A dedicated regime of ginger, vitamins, sleep, and other random healthy stuff fighting it out with the icky germs and leftover flu shot side effects. I'm going to win dammit!

Nothing like a stuffy nose to make you feel sexy! My shows are certainly not as energetic as they could be, but I blame that on the reoccurring sensation that I'm underwater while performing.

For the record, No, I cannot call in sick. Unless you're puking and green, it's better to just do the show than cause trouble trying to get shows covered. If you are ARE a grotesque shade of sewer then at best you can quit, hope you're at a bar that will pay you for shows already done, and go home, crawl under a rock and hope being sick doesn't blackball you at that club next time around. But I'm not sick, so it's okay.

I'm just dizzy and foggy and... going to eat more ginger. Oh so sexy! But it is Christmas, and I do like presents. It strikes me as odd how often patrons will give random gifts to dancers. This morning I received a teddy bear, and chocolate. It's not odd as in creepy, but randomly sweet and unexplainable. Gifts most often come from older gentlemen, 50-65 yrs, who have a fond appreciation for the girls. They are almost fatherly in their manner, yet they are still sitting in gyno row... unique juxtaposition.

It's Thursday. Only two more days. I have a few last minute gifts to buy, but I just can't bring myself to enter a retail establishment... I know putting it off until Xmas eve will suck, but I suspect I may procrastinate for two more days anyhow. The road to Christmas Eve shopping is paved with good intentions.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Chickie said…

    I've never heard the phrase "gyno row". I always call it pervert row.

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just for the record I have never seen the appeal of gyno row

    Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, Cheery Hannukah.

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger Ryann said…

    the appeal is to be close enough for deep and meaningful conversation with the dancer... duh.

    merry merry to you too

     

Post a Comment

<< Home