Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Year in Reflection...

2005...

This past year has marked a transition in the direction of my life, and has forced so much to be stripped away, so many of the idealisms of years gone by.

Where am I on the dawn of 2006? Who am I as I begin my 25th year?

I am lonely, but I do not feel as lost. As I cultivate my path and explore the depths of my emotions and aptitudes, my strengths and failures, I am learning to accept my humanity, and embrace my weaknesses. When a monument crumbles a unique opportunity to rebuild the foundation is presented.

I have cut through the disappointments and unfulfilled expectations of false friendships and promises. I have reevaluated what I can offer and what I am willing to accept in return. I found the courage to walk away from Maverick and the dreams he embodied. I have become more direct and expanded my powers of communication.

Dancing has increased my confidence. It has provided an opportunity to explore unhindered by routine expectations. By becoming the fantasy, I expand my own. I have embraced a level of expressive vulnerability and increased my awareness of natural powers.

Who am I? I am stronger than I realize most days. I am cynical but emotional. I am delicate and determined. I am ambitious and wandering. I am content with where I am at this point in my journey. I am anxious to continue my growth and discovery. I am eager to regain purpose and direction, but I am satisfied with who I am. I have faith in me.


I'm not sure that I am making any resolutions at this point. Perhaps goals are a better choice of words. In 2006 my goals are...

To continue to build my financial and educational independence.
To volunteer my time and voice to causes that could benefit.
To soul search and evaluate potential careers. I want to feel confident and secure in an academic direction, with a dynamic career in sight.
To learn, write, think, read, and express everyday while increasing my background knowledge of subjects that I have interest in pursuing.
To be a reliable and positive friend as relationships continue to grow, and enhance my willingness to accept new people.

I want to be open to new experiences, and embrace the ever changing ripples of phenomenon, both positive and challenging, as valuable inclusive moments to learn from and internalize.

I seek to grow as an individual, remain true to my convictions and values, and embrace my unique gifts in an open quest of self-discovery.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey You!

    This is Scott (from the Fox in Victoria). Just wanted to say Hi and Happy New Year to you.

    Great meeting you and hope to see you back this way again sometime.

    Take Care.

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Kathryn said…

    Happiest New Year to you!

     
  • At 2:10 AM, Blogger Ryann said…

    hi scott!

    I've been stupid lazy in returning emails. I blame xmas and a severe lack of wireless in courtney

    ... but I do have the best intentions

    Happy New Year!!! (to everyone)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home