Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Silent Night


The warmth is enveloping.
The flicker of candles shimmers throughout the darkened crowd as voices echo into the rafters...






Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child
Holy Infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace



As the gentle flames capture a timeless moment, my heart is aching and I feel the tears streaming down my face. The silent absence of a certain person is on all our minds. I stare up into the ceiling, willing him to be there. There is nothing to say, it's Christmas Eve.

I drive. I stare at lights. I stare at nothing. I stare at the sky and feel the pain in waves just below the surface. Eventually I go home...

It's late, and Christmas morning comes too early. I want to cry, but the moment is frozen in nostalgia, and I know the sadness will remain just beyond my grasp... lost in the chaos.

but for now I will remember...
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home