Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Real Life

My eyes are heavy and I remember I should have eaten. I’ll get to it… later. “Real life” can be exhausting. I’m floating in between memories, emotions, friendships, and errands. I was able to visit with a dear friend of mine this afternoon. Surprisingly we haven’t crossed paths in over a year, yet we talk every week. It’s been a good day.

The rain provides comfort and familiarity as I drive around in a daze, lost in nostalgia. Every street holds a memory, every conversation brings me back. I smile. I feel my eyes glisten with tears of sorrow and joy. The buildings change, the people move, but home is love… home is in your heart, in the whispers of the trees and the moments you cherish. Home is being able to walk along the water and remember the smell of the ocean and the sound of the laughter. Home knows which blossoms will be pink. It is a time to reconnect with inspiration. It is a place to grow from and return to. Repair the wings, and solidify the roots. Home is embracing the change, watching the children grow, and loving the choices and path you walk.

I love you.

Sometimes you just need to hear the words, and feel the embrace.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I often feel that I should have eaten,
    maybe she would have stayed with me
    if I had.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home