Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Halloween memories

It’s astounding. Time is fleeting. Madness takes its toll. But listen closely (not for very much longer) I’ve got to keep control!
I doubt I can think of another movie that has had such a profound place in my memories.

My experiences are so tied to this movie that every scene brings forth another chapter of my life. I remember the high school fascination with the sexuality and taboo beauty. Friendships developed over a quiet acceptance and curiosity. There was no judgment of the cult classic. I long for the days of watching the play unfold before me as I laugh at my dear friend Trevor in his black vinyl dress. He was a great date, and a great friend. I miss him. I remember that night with vivid clarity, his eyes shining as bright as his dress. We danced and laughed and lost ourselves in the fantasy of cult theatre. It was an amazing night. I miss him so much.

Bizarre. I think I might cry. I miss my friendships.

I remember other moments, with other people... I miss dressing the part for fun. I miss the quiet decadence of the dirty passion. I remember the surprising tension of unexpected flirtation. I remember the smile, our eyes meeting, and a night totally removed from reality. I loved the secret affairs and surprising moments. I had too much fun loosing myself in the wicked creations. My memory floats over Granville Island, a weekend littered with intrigue, fascination, and decadence. I was touched, I was created… I was more than a fantasy. Or was I? Memories are so strange. I wasn’t actually happy, and I made some very strange choices in the heat of the moment. The music reaches into my soul and drags me into a bubbling sexual enchantment. I’m in love with the energy.

...I’ve tasted blood and I want more. (more more more) I’ll put up no resistance. I want to stay the distance. I’ve got an itch to scratch. I need assistance. Toucha toucha toucha touch me I wanna be dirty! Thrill me chill me fulfill me creature of the night. Then if anything grows while you pose I’ll oil you up and rub you down. (down down down) and that’s just one small fraction of the main attraction. You need a friendly hand, oh I need action. Toucha toucha touch me. I wanna be dirty. Thrill me chill me fulfill me creature of the night...


My memories are warm, and dear to me. I hear the laughter. I feel the anticipation. But it’s the pelvic thrust that really drives me insane. Fuck. Frank N Furter is so fucking sexy. Even in stockings and a corset he’s so masculine and powerful. The sexuality is blatant and dominant and I’ve always been ardently addicted to his character.

…In another dimension with voyeuristic intention well secluded I see all!

I’m reluctant to expand my memoirs into the future. I don’t want to dilute the personal power of this show. I want to keep it selfish and individually significant. I can’t convey the longing in my heart to hold Trevor’s hand and sway in time to the science fiction double feature picture show. I don’t want to admit how I silently plead to pardon the ending. My body aches and I need to sleep. I want to loose myself in the memories of friendship and escapades. I miss my friend.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Semi-Celibate Man said…

    Great movie. I used to see it on a college campus, back when. Never dressed for it or anything, but love it.

     
  • At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    loved the movie.....love the soundtrack....used to have it...but somehow me lost it :(:( ah well....if me wanted it again bad enof then it would be downloaded from a music downloader me quesses.....

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Kiki said…

    I have never dressed up and gone, I still plan to every year and hopefully one day I will actually do it!
    I love it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home