Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Another one bites the dust

I just found out The Drake will be closing its doors for good on June 9, 2007. I burst into tears when I heard. Those of you who have followed this blog know that The Drake has been a home and a sanctuary for me and an incredible venue for events like Dancers for Cancer. Nick is probably one of the best mangers I’ve ever had the pleasure to work with and I’m devastated by the loss.

We really are an endangered species in Vancouver. We’re not going to last long. I suggest everyone get out and support the strip clubs in Vancouver before they’re all gone. I’ll be at The Drake on June 9— saying goodbye, sharing a drink, and likely crying.

I won’t be on that stage again… I’m really going to miss it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger Cairde said…

    So sorry to hear about the club. I could definitely tell you enjoyed yourself there. I hope you are wrong, and the Drake isn't one of many to come, but I fear you may be right. I wish everyone there good luck.

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry yer losin yer favorite club. Me hopes yer wrong about clubs closing but me really doesnt see strip clubs goin out completely. Me hopes yer wrong. People and their wierdness towards strippers an strip clubs is something me has never understand. Yer providing a service just like alot of other places. Sure some wife's/g-f's of guys get upset when their men go in the clubs but its only a club if the strippers is doin the job and not ''extras'' on the side. And no-one will ever convince me all strippers do extra's. Some yes, all no how. Personal opinion only. Good luck and hope ya doesnt have to live completely on the road to make a living. That be a drag. **HUGS** for loosing yer favorite club

    p.s. yer word vertification HATES ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Cheeks Filibuster said…

    That's very sad. Even I have good memories of the Drake, from way back when I worked there only briefly. It is a one of the first things I think of when I think "Vancouver."

    It's a nice-looking club too. It just felt good, physically.

    BTW, thanks again for your signage on the BCSC letter - I thanked you over there, but I realize you may not have seen yet.

    Again...saad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home