Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Proud to be a stripper

.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Alberta/2005/11/26/1324925-sun.html

We are not disposable human beings. A dancer is missing after a fire in Oyen, AB.

Between cell phones, txt mgs, and our website The Naked Truth, everyone I know is trying to find out who was working Oyen this week. It's amazing how quickly news travels these days, especially within a community... However I still have no word on who the dancer is. (praying she's alive)

I hate that this sad news is taking away from a positive thought.. but they really are related. The Stripathon was a huge success, and marks the beginning of a true community mind. I've stolen the following from TNT forum (credit to Alena Downs) http://www.nakedtruth.ca/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5207

I AM PROUD TO BE A DANCER!!!!! And I am proud of each and every girl who helped in raising almost $10,000 for Brooke London!!!!Showgirls was awesome!!!! Over 30 girls...5 silent auctions, Polaroids, Door draws!!!! I WANT TO CRY!!! I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY!
This is the first benefit of its kind for a dancer. We, as dancers, have no form of disability benefits, pension, WCB, or EI! I am estatic that we, as dancers, have banded together to help one of our own!!I would love for this to be a first of many efforts to help out those of us in dire need!!

She said it best. I'm glad I could be a small part of this event. I hope I can be a large part of future events. This is a community. Though thrown into the wind, friends may not meet for months, and paths may rarely cross, we are a community of independant and powerful women. I'm so proud to call myself a stripper today.

my prayers are with this unknown woman tonight.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Cairde said…

    You are right, no one is disposable and I hope very much the name of that girl is found out. I pray that Canada is different from the US and the authorities do not dismiss people deemed "lesser" in society, simply for one's chosen career path.
    Contratulations on the "Stipathon"! That is great! I am glad to have come across your blog, thank you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home