Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Good People.

I’m sitting on the floor of the airport but I feel like I’m in a hunting lodge. Wooden beams crisscross above my head creating a rustic vaulted ceiling. Only the occasional flight announcements interrupt my experience. The sun is rising from behind the mountains, filling the sky with a bright morning haze. I haven’t slept yet and I know this is going to feel like a very long day. I’m wondering if I should have stayed longer… I bought a magnet in the gift shop just so I could have some cheesy reminder of how much I like it here. It says “Cowboy parking only” and I’m going to put it on my fridge.

It’s been a great week and I’ll be back- soon. There’s really only one thing to say about this bar- good people. They run a damn good bar- one of the best I’ve seen. I danced for cowboys and rodeo guys, construction workers and ski patrollers. I danced to Brad Paisley and Tim McGraw, Frank Sinatra and Bob Dylan, ACDC and Def Leppard and I loved it. I heard “yes mam” and “thank you mam” countless times everyday. I just danced, and danced, and danced.

Really what I have to say is that I felt like part of the family. I felt welcome and appreciated. I felt safe and desired and I liked it. I’ll be back soon. … I know I have my reasons for going home today, mostly financial, and I want Easter dinner with my family. I’m glad I have the opportunity to go home for the day and see the whole fam damnly but I’m going to miss my new friends at the Buffalo Station. Good people.

Happy Easter friends.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger Cairde said…

    Sounds like a great place, I am glad you found somewhere fun to go back to. I hope your Easter was fantastic!!

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's lovely when someone can feel safe, however is the agenda to lower the guard, one eye can close but a paranoid eye open balances things out nicely.

    Best wishes,

    Gölök Zoltán Buday

     

Post a Comment

<< Home