Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Only on Tuesdays

Note to self: when everyone around you, while on the prairies, starts talking about snow expect to wake up to cold white powder (and not the kind people inhale to illicit feelings of euphoria and escape from the harsh reality of life)

Oh no, this is a true white powder high. Snow flakes are everywhere. Not the big fat fluffy ones that cause people like me to wander around in a zigzagged daze looking up at the sky with my tongue hanging out, but rather the tiny crystals that fill the air without any respect for gravity creating a fog of snow, and a sense of nothingness as they build up over time.

My first show isn't until 3pm today, and I'm still in my housecoat. It's lime green and oh so cozy. I have no desire to go outside, even less to do my hair and makeup first. It's a hot chocolate and movie day, not a spin around a brass pole day. Sigh, somehow I doubt they got that memo and people would be rather upset if I tried to explain my reasoning. So... soon enough I'll drag myself off this couch and get all pretty. Maybe the snow will cause it to be busy. I may not be able to use the snow to leave work, but I'm sure numerous oil boys, tradesmen, and random guys will use the snow to their advantage. (fingers crossed, I want your money boys)

I met the heir to the blue water mini-golf place last night. Anyone from home knows what I'm talking about; unfortunately the poor boy was very drunk and bragging about all the things his parents own. Really only amusing because I know the area. Sadly any guy that drunken defaults into listing off financial accomplishments, especially someone else’s, is either going to get used, manipulated or ditched. You don't want the women that want to hear about how rich your parents are. Ah well, I have little doubt that the disposable income of oil money will finance a great deal of escapist entertainment, and fuel the fantasies. For my part, I do appreciate it and I will try my best to resist the urge to go play mini-golf and say 'hey I met your son at a strip club. How is he? He said I could play for free forever."

Talking to an acquaintance yesterday, I was being teased about having fun and picking up guys on the road. My "I don't have sex in Alberta" line wasn't ending the conversation, nor convincing him that I've been as dull as I claim. So the conversation took a slightly more serious approach. I don't want to be with any guy that is going to treat me like 'the stripper’; if I meet someone in a strip club... it's often unavoidable. But for the record, I don't have sex in Alberta.

... and on that note I ought to do my makeup and get ready...

5 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Gadzie said…

    The movie "The girl next door" made a great point about treating a girl like a stripper and why not to do it. One of my favorite movies.

    I used to hang at a few local bars and listen to some of the dimwitted antics of the patrons. Thoroughly amusing to the point of laughing outloud and then realizing they are staring at you wondering why you are laughing.

    Good luck with the snow.. and knock em dead.. but after you take their money.. better yet knock em unconscious so they get back up and come back to give you more money. :)

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Anna said…

    The big ol fat fluffy snowflakes hit here today on the west coast...but I bet by tonight it will all be rain again.

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Celena said…

    Ha ha, I've never met that mini-golf guy before, but I remember this girl telling me about how she was playing golf there, and he's like "wanna come up into my castle and be my princess?" He's a sly, smooth and sexy one, that one! (NOT)

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger Kathryn said…

    I don't have sex in Alberta either.
    I had sex in Toronto once though:)
    (I actually don't know where Alberta is!!)

     
  • At 1:24 AM, Blogger Ryann said…

    girl next door was a good movie, and I would say the lesson learned would be that everyone has feelings and deserves respect.

    For the record, Alberta is the Canadian province directly north of Montana, west of Saskatchewan, and east of my home of Beautiful British Columbia.

    and Mr. Mini-golf Jr. ... well that I can call him that says enough

     

Post a Comment

<< Home