Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Back to BC!!

I had breakfast this morning. Perhaps that shouldn't be an announcement, but it is, especially when it's a real breakfast with eggs, and hash browns, and fake toast, and corned beef, and oranges. mmm yummy. AND it's definitely an announcement because breakfast was made for me, even after I was so grumpy and evil in response to the totally uncalled for wakeup at too damn early for a Sunday. My care bear loves me, and never ever ever tries to wake me up. That's why I sleep with my care bear. There's only so many reasons to be woken up on a Sunday morning, and since I don't have sex in Alberta that takes away most of them. But I do appreciate breakfast, and I know I'm a pain in the arse. So even though I'm not exactly a ray of sunshine in the morning I got sent off with a full tummy. (that makes my friend a superstar or lion tamer)

With my full tummy I took to my favourite activity, drive west. The snow was dancing over the road like morning fog, creating a fantastical atmosphere. The mountains were glistening as the occasional cloud was pierced by the peaks. If I could have figured out a way to ignore silly details like chemical state I was going to take home icicle swords as tall as me. (yes, I know I'm short)

Of course it wouldn't be a drive through the mountains without stupid inconsiderate trucks insisting on throwing rocks at my windshield. Hardly friendly, and they just don't listen when I yell into space "Stop throwing rocks at me!!"

Oooh well, I had a lovely afternoon of daydreaming, singing along to wonderful music, and thinking about all the things I want to do while I'm back in BC. I'm in Kelowna, and while I know it won't be a great week financially, I'm so glad to be here and spend time with my sister and her surrogate family. Just to sit around a table as everyone devours the meal, and be with people. It's been a long time since I laughed so hard I wanted to puke, clutching my tummy in pain, giggling hysterically at stories you don't even remember. Great food, great people.

It's so good to be back in BC. Not quite 'home', but my sister feels like home to me. I'm content and dreamy tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home