Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

"Judge Not, Lest Ye Be Judged."

'Tis the end of another great week in Calgary.

I'm really nervous about driving to Kelowna tomorrow, through the Rockies in December doesn't sound like much fun. The roads aren't great, but the people are stupid!! Every time I get in my car I see at least one accident.

I feel strange seeing accidents as I'm driving home. According to my training, I should stop. For nine years I have been taught, and been teaching the importance of immediate medical attention, and how critical "first on the scene" can be to an injured person. However as a single woman driving alone at 2:00am, I check to ensure my doors are locked, slow down and take a quick glance before I carry on my way.

A woman I worked with briefly, earlier in the year, was dragged into the club this afternoon with another previous business associate who was dropping something off for me. He knew I danced. She did not. She, like the other women at the office, is very sheltered and conservative. In one look I knew she was disgusted and shocked. I could see in her eyes as the respect evaporated and was replaced with simple judgment. I have no doubt that I will be the topic of conversation this week. I have no doubt that the women will speculate and gossip as they condemn me to eternal damnation. "That Whore!" But Jesus and I talked it over at great length many months ago. As I am doing nothing to be ashamed of, I have no trouble sleeping at night.

"Judge Not, Lest Ye Be Judged."

Matthew 7,6. "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet."

So... some people are worth my time, and others... are not. The bible said so.

Nitey nite.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As I already know you're aware, the first priority for a first responder / first aider is the safety of themselves. Phoneing the nearest RCMP (or the provincial dispatch) could also be helpful for them w/o putting you at risk.

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Sarah is here for the sandwiches said…

    amen sister

    fuck those bitchy conservative girls. you know they have the freakiest sex lives - or at least they want to. it's like how really really homophobic people are always secretly gay.

    ps Jesus is my homeboy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home