Ryann Reflections

A glimpse into the life of one anti-social stripper nerd.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

it just sucks.



I don’t want The Drake to close. I feel like I’m losing a friend. What I am losing is options. I’m losing a safe environment in which to work. I’m losing security and choice. They don’t fucking care if they run strippers out of business. They don’t fucking care if our choices are taken away, if we’re forced to make harder decisions. They don’t care if we end up on the street.

It’s just another reminder of how disposable the City of Vancouver thinks we are.

Bastards!
I’m going to cry again.

They bought everything—the stage, the bar, the poles… everything! Someone tell me what the city needs with a stripper stage? Maybe they’ll run us out of town and use the brass poles for the fucking Olympics.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 1:57 AM, Blogger thatgirl said…

    hey, i saw that. a post went missing.

    it does suck about the drake. that place was cool. i think the art of exotic dance is totally under-appreciated. there should be a place run by a woman. hey, that's what you should do! ok, make that your goal, open the best ever strip club in vancouver where the women are respected, comfortable, the lighting and the djs are excellent, and it's a pleasant environment for gentlemen to while away the hours admiring the skills and sexy beauty of the women on stage.

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Ryann said…

    if only it were that simple. The Drake was a place like that. the problem isn't in creating a club that's awesome, it's in finding a way to keep it open. the crowds are gone, people don't hangout in strip clubs, and with the city and the police making everything a living hell... I don't have much hope.

    (yeah, I'm busted on the post disappearing)

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So sorry about the loss of The Drake. No me has never been there and even if me was in Vancouver being a female prolly wouldnt go. But strippers is just that strippers. Me would like to know who these so called ''moral majority'' think they are?? All they is doing is drivin it underground but by driving it into the underground me would think it is makin it more dangerous for strippers. And its not right. There is a sex trade {{to some degree}} and closing strip clubs is not the way to handle it. Me thinks its a sin what they is doing to good strippers {{even the bad ones}} but who is me right?? Just a girl with an opinion And me thinks closing the strip bars is plain out wrong.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home